Tuesday, December 31, 2013

38 Weeks -- Momma is getting sore!

Hi! Well, today I am 38 weeks pregnant.  I have a couple updates for you regarding two different doctors appointments we had.  But first, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year since today is New Year's Eve.  I pray that 2014 will be a blessed year for you and your best year yet!

Our pastor challenged us to look back on 2013 and forget what lies behind (or forget the things that strip us from our joy because we keep thinking about it over and over in our head...) and look toward what is ahead (looking forward to the blessings God will give us this new year).  So I want to challenge you to do that as well.

Philippians 3:13-14: Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Mommy Update:
The last couple of days I have been pretty sore in my hips and pelvic region. I know this is because she is low and it's putting pressure on my joints and this is all part of the last weeks of pregnancy so I try not to complain....but it is pretty uncomfortable! But so worth it! I am so ready to meet Eliana and see what she looks like. I can't wait to see her chubby cheeks and her little toes and just gaze upon the miracle that God has blessed us with.

We had an ultrasound last week on Dec 26th.  They estimated that she is about 7 1/2lbs and if I go the full 40 weeks that she will be a little over 9lbs.  So, because of that, the specialist is recommending that they induce labor between week 39 and 40.  This is not something I want since I prefer that she comes naturally.  So we are praying about this and seeking direction from God as to what we should do.  Also, we are praying that she just comes naturally before week 39 so we don't have to even worry about making the decision.  I started doing some natural things that can get labor going (walking, sitting on an exercise ball and bouncing, etc.) so I am hoping that will help as well.

Then, on Dec 28th we had our weekly checkup with our doctor. He checked me and said that I am still 1cm dilated. But, I am also 25% effaced now as well. So things are progressing! Hopefully the walking (and gravity) will help progress it even more.

I am having more braxton hicks contractions as well so I know that things are going as they should.  I just need to be patient and trust the God has everything under control. :-)

Baby Update:
As I mentioned before, she is about 7 1/2lbs right now. So she is growing and is healthy. Also, the long bones in her arms and legs have hardened and her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Her grasp reflex is very strong now and she is often grasping the umbilical cord or curling her hands into little balls.

She's been moving/adjusting alot everyday.  Sometimes she stretches her leg out and my stomach bulges out in one spot...it is so funny to watch! I know I will miss these movements I feel from her after she is born since it's something special we share right now.  But, having her with us will be even better!

Well, that is all for this week! Hopefully next week I will be able to announce her birth! ha ha!  We shall see...

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I love reading your baby uodates.
    I heard that getting a pedicure can help get labor going.
    Love you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...that wouldn't be a bad thing to try...even if it doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete