Today I am 34 weeks pregnant! If I go full term, then we only have 6 weeks left! However, I know that technically she could decide to come at any time now. It seems there are several mommy's around me that have had their babies early and it has me wondering what is going on. Ha!
Mommy Update:
I feel good this week. It was so nice being able to spend time with my family in Indiana during Thanksgiving weekend. It was surreal knowing that that was the last visit home before our daughter is born. Next time I go home we will be hauling a lot of baby things and our baby! It's pretty crazy to think about. My dad, step-mom, and niece were all able to feel her move for the first time while I was home. So that was very special. She finally cooperated!
While I was home my mom and I went shopping for items that I needed for my hospital bag. I found pretty much everything that I needed, but have a few more items left. So I need to get that packed up and ready. My goal is to have that finished by this weekend.
Tomorrow we have an ultrasound to see how she is doing. I am excited to see what her measurements are...how long she is and an approximate weight. Plus, I am just excited to "see" her again. Now that I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, I'm not sure if there will be any differences in the ultrasound or if they will be checking different things than they normally did. My guess is that they are more concerned about her weight and size and if she is larger than average. I am also excited to find out what position she is in. I hope she is head down and occiput anterior since that is the ideal position for natural childbirth. So, we will find that all out tomorrow!
Baby Update:
This past week she has been active some days and not so active on the others. The non-active days sometimes get me worried, but I just have to hand that worry over to God. Those days I normally take the time to count her kicks after dinner and make sure I get 10 kicks within a 2 hour time frame. The longest it took her to give me 10 kicks has been 16 minutes. So she is just fine. When she does move, it feel so different. Now, I feel more of a rolling sensation since her leg, foot, knee, hand or elbow is rubbing against the side of my uterus! When she stops, I am able to feel the hardness of her body through my stomach and I'll put slight pressure there and then she'll move again. Ha! I know, I shouldn't bother her...but it's hard not too.
According to the websites I look at, she should weigh 4 1/2 to 5 lbs and may be as long as 18 inches (about the size of a cantaloupe)! Her fat layers (which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born) are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. Her digestive system is mature now. If she were born this week, she would be able to digest food. The digestive enzymes in her gut are now functional. By now, she most likely has settled into her birth position.
Well, that is all for this week. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Until next week...be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment