Tuesday, December 24, 2013

37 Weeks -- I am officially considered 'early term'!!

Wow, 37 weeks today! This is such a relief knowing that if she is born now, that there is minimal chance of any health issues due to being born early.  I can't believe we are here...that any day she can arrive! She is such a blessing and a gift from God and everyday this is becoming more real to me.

Mommy Update:
I am feeling so good for being 37 weeks pregnant. I know many women complain that they are ready for the baby to come by now because they are so uncomfortable, but I really don't feel uncomfortable.  I mean, sure, I can't tie my shoes that well...or put on socks that easily...and I am up 3-4 times a night to use the restroom...but all-in-all, I feel really good.  I am still in awe of how it feels when she moves around and adjusts herself.  I have noticed that she is the most active now first thing in the morning and late in the evening.  I am really interested to see if that will be her awake schedule in the first few days/weeks of life.

My last weekly checkup was on last Friday.  My doctor did an internal exam to check for dilation and said that I was 1cm dilated, but hadn't started any effacement yet.  He said I most likely will not make it to my due date (1/14/14) and the question is whether she will be a tax write off or not! I am not having any signs of labor yet, but I just have a feeling she will be coming either on Dec 30/31st or the first few days in January. Obviously, I could be completely wrong! Only God knows when she will be entering the world. I know I can't wait to see her beautiful face and touch her little hands and toes.  It's going to be so hard to share her with others...but I will do my best!

So, I am going to let you in on the name we chose for her since my husband posted it on Facebook and he's the one who wanted to wait it out. :-) I wanted a name that meant something, particularly one that meant what a blessing from God she is and to describe the fact that we have waited and prayed for her for 10 years.  To make a long story short, I found a Hebrew name that means "God answered my prayer". I saw the meaning and I was instantly floored! I was amazed that God led me to this name...and it's beautiful, just like she is. So...her name is...


It is pronounced "el-ee-AH-nah".  I can't wait to meet our little Eliana and welcome her into our family.



Baby Update:
There isn't much more to update on Eliana since now her main goal is to put on more fat and gain weight.  She is fully developed now and if she were born today she would be fine.  She is most likely about 6 1/2 pounds and around 19 inches long.  The lanugo hair that has covered her body until now is being shed and replaced by short, fine hairs called "vellus hairs" (more commonly known as "peach fuzz").  Her ears are fully developed. Since noises easily penetrate the womb at this stage in pregnancy, we may notice that loud noises startle your her.

We have an ultrasound on Thursday. I am excited for that. I know she is in the head down position, but I am anxious to know if her head is engaged and if she is occiput posterior or anterior. Also, I can't wait to see what their educated guess is for her weight. :-)

Well, tomorrow is Christmas! I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and is able to enjoy quality time with their family. Have a wonderful week! I will update again next week...unless she comes before then! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment