Wow! We are at week 36 now, which means I am 9 months pregnant! We are on the final stretch now...only 4 more weeks if she holds out until then! I have a feeling she may come a little earlier, but that could just be me wanting to see her so badly! Ha! This last weekend I did get my hospital bag packed and I packed her diaper bag as well. So I think we are as ready as we can be for her arrival.
Mommy Update:
This week my boss let me start working from home until she is born. I am so thankful for this since it allows me to rest a little more since I don't have to commute an hour to and from work now. So I have some extra time to sleep in the morning and I don't have to worry about walking to work with the weather. It's really a blessing and it was just in time because walking for me right now has become a little difficult! My pelvic area and hips are hurting because they are stretching out, preparing for birth. It takes a little while to get moving after I stand up and I am moving pretty slow! But, other than that, I am feeling great!
We had our normal doctors appointment on Saturday. She is in the head down position now and very low according to the doctor. So that explains why it is harder for me to walk (and bend over to tie my shoes for that matter)! The doctor was very impressed with how well the exam went (meaning how low she is and how I am progressing) and said it at least three times. He just couldn't believe how well everything was when it is my first pregnancy. So that is good news! I think that is why I have a feeling she may come earlier than expected.
When he took my blood pressure, my diastolic (lower) number was high. It was 95 when it should be below 90. So he sent me over to the Labor & Delivery section of the hospital to be monitored just to make sure that it would decrease over the hour, which it did. So they released me and all is good.
Baby Update:
As I stated before, she is head down now...which makes me very happy! She is moving around still, but instead of kicks, it's more of a rolling motion that I feel.
I am guessing she is a little over 6lbs now since she was pushing 6lbs a couple weeks ago. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. She swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, that will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, she will be considered "early term." (Full-term is 39 to 40 weeks. Babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term, 41 weeks is late term, and those born after 42 are post-term.)
Last week a family friend took some pictures of us. So here's a sneak peak. We still want to do some edits on them, but I wanted to at least share a few :-) Have a blessed week!





Love it:)
ReplyDelete