We had an ultrasound on Wednesday, Dec. 4th. I was excited to see our daughter again and to see how much she has developed. She has chubby cheeks and legs. We got a really good face picture of her and you can see her chubby cheek! So adorable!
We were able to see her chest rise up and down as she practiced her breathing. Her heart beat was still strong and beating at about 140 beats per minute. I think she has my feet! Her big toe looks to be shorter than the toe beside it so that would be my foot, not her daddy's :-) The doctor said that she was about 5lbs 14oz (nearly 6lbs already!). Her head and stomach growth ratio was 1 to 1 which is what they look for and she was in the 61 percentile for size. They said they start to worry if babies are over 90% because that means they are growing too big due to gestational diabetes. So she is perfect! He said that by all the stats they took he wouldn't even guess that I have gestational diabetes. So that was good to hear.She is laying sideways and hasn't moved to the head down position yet. I have to admit that her position worried me a little bit because if she stays that way then I would most definitely have to get a c-section. But, after talking to the doctor, he showed me that she had plenty of room to move into position and nothing was blocking her. She's just cozy right now. He also showed me the method he'd use to manually move her if she doesn't move within the next 3 weeks. He told me not to worry...we have time for her to move. So, after talking with him I felt much better. We have another ultrasound scheduled for December 26th...by then I will be considered full term at 37 weeks!
Also, last night we attended a breast feeding class. I'm so glad I signed up for it. I actually learned a lot and feel more confident now that I know what to do and signs to look for. Plus, they have lactation nurses on staff from 7am - 3am every day so I can always call for help, which is nice.
Mommy Update:
This last week I have felt joy. I have been in the Word and praying daily so my spirit is full. The anxiety I was feeling the weeks before have subsided because of this. So, spiritually, I feel so much better. Physically, however, I am kind of sore. My right hip is bothering me every now and then and I know it is just because my ligaments are loosening and preparing for child birth. So, I just need to continue to take it easy and move slowly. Also, I have experienced more braxton hicks contractions. They are more frequent now, but they do not hurt.
This is my last week of commuting into work. It is a surreal feeling since I have been commuting for 8 years! My boss is allowing me to work from home starting next week until our baby is born. This is a huge blessing to me. Because now I don't have to battle the Chicago winter weather and other commuters (who are sometimes pushy). Instead, I can stay home, rest, and do my work comfortably from home. Another benefit is that I won't be exposed to co-workers and/or commuters that are sick so hopefully I will stay healthy during the last few weeks of pregnancy.
So, overall, I am feeling good and eagerly waiting for our daughters arrival!
Baby Update:
She has been moving like crazy this past week. I don't know if she's changed positions yet, but she is definitely moving and making herself comfortable. I love it though!
At 35 weeks, she is mostly developed and most of her effort is geared towards rapid weight gain and putting on that body fat. Her lungs are maturing and some research suggests that a baby girl's lungs mature more quickly than a boy's lungs. So if she were born this week, she would most likely have less trouble with breathing than a boy would. Also, her kidneys are fully developed and her liver can process some waste products.
Well, that is all for this week. I hope everyone has a blessed week and that you aren't getting too stressed about Christmas coming up. Remember, it's not about all the spending of money and buying gifts...it's about Jesus and celebrating His birth. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment